Coconut is a superfood, and the oil that we get from it can actually be used for a lot of different purposes. In this article, we’re going to take a quick look at some of the most common uses for coconut oil in relation to overall health and wellness.
- Coconut oil is incredibly moist, as you likely know, so it is actually a great alternative to chapstick when your lips are drying out. Just apply it to your lips like you would chapstick and then see how much of a difference it can make for you when you’re fighting winter dryness.
- Did you know that coconut oil is frequently used in bath scrubs? You can also make your own at home in a number of ways. The most common recipe involves using sea salt, but there are a number of other recipes that you can check out, too. We also have a variety of options here on our website that you can check out and utilize for yourself.
- One of the biggest benefits of coconut oil use is reducing the amount of stress that you feel as you’re using it. There’s so much stress that this is a great use for it!
- Various compounds that are found in coconut oil, including lauric acid and capric acid, can be incredibly beneficial to the immune system. By ingesting coconut oil on a regular basis, your immune system will be stronger and you will feel a lot healthier as well. Definitely a huge benefit to this great food!
- Did you know that coconut oil can be used as a great home remedy? It’s true! Take a little with your tea to soothe your sore throat, or use it in order to help soothe your skin after it’s been infected with almost any sort of rash.